Skip To Main Content

Mental Health Resources

Central York High School has a Student Assistance Program (SAP) for students who are experiencing academic, emotional, or social difficulties and/or issues with drug/alcohol use. Any student can be referred by a teacher, administrator, parent, or themself. This program provides a free assessment to determine the need for ongoing mental health and/or substance abuse treatment. If you would like to refer a student for services, please send the SAP Referral Form to

Central York School District has partnered with T.W. Ponessa & Associates Counseling Services to provide in-school therapeutic counseling services to students in need of such assistance. Students and families interested in learning more about this service are encouraged to contact their child's school counselor or the school social worker. All counseling visits are billed directly to the parent or guardian's insurance carrier.

Community Resources

These websites are filled with resources and information designed to help those who are battling depression or care about someone who is:

Healthy Place

Need help NOW? 

Text 741-741.

Trained professionals at the Crisis Text Line are available to help 24/7.

Call 1-800-273-8255.

The caring professionals at the Suicide Prevention Lifeline will help with all sorts of crisis situations.

Resources by Topic