Skip To Main Content

Financial Aid

  1. Federal Student Aid  -  Go to to complete the FASFA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Student and parent complete the FASFA together. Submit the FASFA as soon as possible after October 1 each year.
  2. State Financial Aid  -  Immediately after completing the FAFSA, go to to apply for Pennsylvania State Grants.
  3. Institutional Aid  -   The college/school also may provide scholarships and grants. Contact your schools' Financial Aid Offices to find out about their specific scholarships and procedures. Some colleges will also ask students to submit a CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE to apply for scholarships. Students should read every communication from the schools where they apply to be sure that they are following all necessary procedures!
  4. Private Scholarships   -    Many companies and civic organizations offer scholarships to individuals based on a variety of qualifying factors. It does take extra time and effort for students to find these scholarships and complete the applications, but all of this effort usually DOES PAY OFF for students!    

    The CYHS School Counseling Office maintains a list of some of these scholarships, but many others exist. To view the list we maintain, click here: CYHS Scholarship List. This list is updated frequently, so students are encouraged to check the list regularly for newly added scholarships. Be sure to pay close attention to the deadlines listed. If letters of recommendation or transcripts are needed for a scholarship application, students should submit this scholarship to the School Counseling Office for processing several days before the deadline.

    Students may also want to register at one or more of the following websites to discover more scholarships that are available to them: