Skip To Main Content

Academic Assistance

If you are stressed or your grades aren't where you think they should be, it's time to reach out for help. 

The best source of help is always your classroom teacher, so ask him or her if there is time that you can meet to ask some questions.  Many teachers can arrange a time to see you before school, after school, or during Academic Prep period. Another great way to get help is to find a tutor.  

At Central York High School, we have both peer tutors (other students who help during Flex period) and after school teacher tutors.  Peer Tutoring is available for all students during Flex period. You can sign up to work with any tutor on any day -- and you can choose to meet only once or you can come back as often as you like.

If you'd like to work with a teacher after school, just ask Mr. Hamme in the Discipline Office to set up after school tutoring for you.  He will let you know all of the important details.

If it's almost time for final exams and you're trying to determine what you need on the final exam to pass a class, try this calculation tool created by Mr. Tyson, our AP Statistics teacher: What_s My Grade If.xlsx 

Additional Resources