GRADUATE ATTIRE FOR THE CEREMONY
In order to provide an appropriate atmosphere and promote respect for the members of the graduating class and their guests, the following rules for attire will be observed by the Class of 2023.
- All seniors receiving a diploma must wear a cap and gown for commencement.
- Women should wear a dress, skirt, and blouse, dress pants and blouse, or pantsuit under their gown. If pants are worn, they should be solid dark dress pants.
- All shoes should be flats or platform style. Stiletto heels are not permitted on the turf field.
- Men should wear a white dress shirt, a long tie, solid dark dress pants, dress shoes, and dress socks.
- Jeans are not permitted, nor are shower shoes, crocs, or flip-flops.
- Caps shall be worn with the tassel on the right side. When the class is formally declared as graduated, all tassels are transferred simultaneously to the left side. **Caps are not to be decorated**
- During the commencement program, men will remove their caps during the pledge and the national anthem. Women have the option to remove their caps during the pledge and national anthem.
- Caps/gowns/tassels are for the graduates to keep and should not be returned to the school.
- Those wearing unacceptable attire will be asked to change or will not be allowed to participate.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in the prohibition of participation in the commencement exercises.
5:45 PM: All Seniors must be seated in the High School Gymnasium to prepare for Commencement at 5:45 PM. Please allow for enough travel time when returning to the High School, as traffic will be heavy in the area.
6:45 PM: Procession begins promptly.
On behalf of the Central York High School Faculty, Staff, and Administration, I thank you for your cooperation and adherence to the rules for our commencement ceremony. We are extremely proud of our graduates and are looking forward to a wonderful graduation ceremony.